Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

P90X Day 2 -- plyometrics

Today was day 2 of P90X.  When I woke up in the morning, I was sore.  I could feel my arms feeling sore, it probably was because I was using muscles I haven't used for a while.  Feeling sore to me is great, it knows that the work that I am putting in is working and will get me results.

For day two of P90X is plyometrics.  Plyometrics are drills designed to connect strength with speed to produce power. Also known as "jump training," this technique emerged in Eastern Europe in the early 1970s. Coined by American track coach Fred Wilt, the term derives from the Latin plyo + metrics, or "measurable increases." Plyometric training relates to any activity that requires speed and strength, as it improves your ability to run faster, jump higher, and maneuver in multi directional sports. If your game involves a court, field, track, mat, pool, ring, rink, or mountain, Plyometrics can help

I truly feel that this training will help with my legs, jumping, and speed.  It is a tough workout and a lot to get through.

So I started the workout.  Most of the work outs are 30 seconds, but usually the fourth work out is 60 seconds.  You do the four work-outs, do them again and get a break.  After that, you usually add something to each work out to make it tougher and work you out more.  It is very tiring and exhausting. 

I loved this work out.  However, it was very hard.  I know over time and going through the process I will get better and be able to do them faster and do them more.  Towards the end of the work out, I was tired and was not able to maximize my work out.  It was getting really hard, I was exhausted.

Shortly after the work out, I had my protein shake and sat on the couch.  I was sleeping with in 10 minutes.  It was a great work out that made me exhausted.  I know that it will get better in time, and I know this work out is for real and will help me get stronger and faster.

I look forward to day 3, I will be doing shoulder and arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment