Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Sunday, December 30, 2012

P90X Day 1



I have a few Friends who have done P90X and I have talked with others about it.  There are countless testimonials of it online.  It is an at home workout and also it guides you with proper nutrition.  Both parts will need to be completed to be able to get the best results. 

The first part the work out I did today.  There are a total of 12 discs and you rotate the discs, there is a guide that will let you know what discs to use on what days.  It switches up during the 90 days, because it wants to confuse your muscles and build more muscle. 

Today I did disc 1, this disc is chest and back.  These exercises mainly consist of different types of push-ups, pull-ups and a couple of dumbbell exercises.  There is a total of 12 exercises and your are supposed to do them twice.  You follow the people on the disc as they do the same exercises. 

I knew it was going to be tough, and boy was I right.  I actually did the 12 exercises one, not twice.  This was because most of these exercises I have not done in a long time, and my muscles were exhausted.  I know, continuing with P90X, everyday I am going to get stronger and I will be able to do it twice.  The work out felt great, my muscles got a good work out and I can definitely feel the burn.  I am disappointed that I didn't do the first round twice, but I know in time I will.  I also know, that by documenting my reps in each exercise, I will see my reps improve. 

As well with the work out, another very important component of P90X is nutrition.  You need to eat the right foods and keep hydrated.  This part will be hard as well.  I like all different types of foods, even if they may not be the best for me.  I need to be disaplined, I know there will be times where I will eat some foods that I should not.  However, I will keep those as special treats and work out extra leading up to eating the food. 

You are supposed to eat frequently throughout the day and a lot of food with protien in it.  Day 1 was good, I ate healthy food through out the day and I never really was hungry and I was satisfied.

I am going to stick with P90X for the 90 days and I know by the end of it I will see results.  I expect to lose some weight as well as gain muscle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment