Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

easy 5 mile run




I got my confirmation ticket today in the mail for the Bank of America, Chicago Marathon today!  Only 17 days to go till the big run.  I am looking forward to it!  Getting the ticket today, just makes the marathon feel more real and closer than ever.  I briefly read the packet it was attached to.  There was a lot of great information in!

I had a few questions about the race, and the guide answered everyone plus more.  It told me everything from the packet pick-up to the after race gathering.  It let me know about the bag check, water points in the run, parking, and so much more.  I am thankful that it is well organized and knows what "begginer marathoner"  is wondering.

After work today, I just did a nice relaxing 5 mile run.  Most of my runs till the marathon will be brief, relaxing, and a shorter distance.  I plan one more long run, around 16 or 17 miles before the race.  Most likely a week before the race.  Then I will keep my legs in use and run a few small runs 2, 3, or 4 miles. 

I am really excited and can't wait for the whole experience!


Easy 5.50 mile rune by marclindblom at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment