Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

10 Days till the Marathon--10 Mile Run

10 more days till the Chicago Marathon!  I can't wait, finally the time that I have been working towards.  I am going to finish and I am going to have a great time.  Lately, I have been thinking about how fast I am going to run the Marathon. 

My main goal is to finish the marathon.  Number two, I would like to run it in a total of 4 hours and 20 minutes.  Why the odd time, well it is just below 10 miles a minute.  Which I think is doable, and I could beat it by a good time.  I just do not know, what to expect on the last 5 miles, on how I will be doing. 

I am breaking down the run in three parts.  Part one is the first 9 miles, the second part is the next 9 miles, and the third part is the last 8.2 miles. 

The first 9 miles I would like to run at a 9 minute mile pace or below.  This is very doable, my 10 mile run (which you can click on below) is at 8:47 pace, which is a nice jog, but during races I usually run a better pace.  The people around me and the crowd gives me the boost.  So it could be closer to 8 minutes.  However, I do not want to go to fast and burn out quickly.  So 9 minutes for the first 9 miles.

The next 9 miles I would like to do at a pace on 10:00 minutes a mile.  This is still very possible and will happen.  The last 8.2 miles I would like to do at a 11:00 minute a mile clip.  This will make my total run right at 10 minutes a mile for the marathon.  I certainly will be able to do this at that time, and hopefully faster than this.  However, if I do it slower, I will still be happy crossing the finish line.

With only 10 more days till the marathon, I will be doing a couple smaller runs to keep my legs fresh!


10 Mile Run by marclindblom at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment