Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Run around the Lake by marclindblom at Garmin Connect - Details

When I got home from work today, I knew the run wasn't going to be enjoyable.  I felt the soreness from the run the day before.  However, I knew that I had to go out there and get it done.  There are going to be plenty of times during the marathon where I am going to want to quit and give up.  However, I just need to push through it and do the work.  The run today was at a slower pace, but I was able to do 7 miles.  7 miles is still far away from the 26.2 that I will run in October, but I will be building up.  I plan to add a mile or so a week on my daily runs.  All days can't be the same mileage, and I have to let my body heal. 

The run that is linked below is a run around Wauconda.  In Wauconda, there is Bang's Lake.  It is a great lake and a nice area.  Earlier in the year, I ran a 4 mile run around the lake called the Bunny Hop.  This race had a great crowd.  This time around however, I went a longer way around. 

Run around the Lake by marclindblom at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment