Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Monday, August 20, 2012

Finding time to run and Tonights Run

One of the most difficult things I find about training for a marathon, is finding the time to run. Everyone has their own things going on with work, family, social life, and so on.

Running the marathon requires running almost every day for months leading up to the competition. Most of these runs will be 8,9,10 and more miles. Which can take and hour to two hours or more. So it is a good part out of your day. You can wake up early and get it done with, do it after work, late at night, or whenever you find the time. You just have to stay committed to the run. I usually try to do it after work once I get home. I usually get home around 6pm, so I change my clothes and run. Usually when I am done it will be anywhere from 7:15 to a little bit after 8.

Today, I had to come back and babysit my niece, so I only had a short time to run. So today I ran 7 miles, not a whole lot considering that everyday the marathon is fast approaching.

My plan for the rest of the week is as follows. Tomorrow (Tuesday) 10 miles, Wednesday 11 miles, Thursday 10 miles, Friday my running is in my soccer league, Saturday 15-16 miles, then rest on Sunday. I will update the blog after the runs. Below is my run from earlier tonight.

Untitled by marclindblom at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment