Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Monday, August 13, 2012

Introduction

I have never thought that I would have a blog, I never really wanted one.  Either way, I am going to give this a shot and see how it goes.  I am mainly going to be posting about my runs and if there was anything out of the ordinary about them.  Within the last year, I bought a garmin watch.  It is fantastic, it will track my time, my pace, distance, and so much more.  It helps me keep track of my runs and how I am doing.  I will be posting these here on my wall.

So a little bit about me.  I'm Marc and I am 29 years old and I am currently in training for the Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 7th, 2012.  So I have 54 more days to train and prepare for the marathon.  I am doing this blog so it will help me keep track of my training and for motivation.  I figure I can write about my runs and hopefully get some encouragement from doing so.

I have never ran a marathon and it has always been on my list of things to do.  Every year I wanted to sign up but I have never committed.  I finally signed up this year, and am going to complete it in October. 

My goals for the Chicago Marathon are pretty simple.  First and foremost I want to be able to complete it.  I also want to be able to run the whole time, however if I do need to stop and take a break and walk I will.  Third I would like a time under 5 hours.  Doing it under five hours is just around a 11:30 mile.  Which I should be able to do, however never running a marathon, I do not know how the last 10 miles will go.  How I will be pacing.  So I have the potential to beat it by a decent amount of time, however if I don't it will be ok.  Lastly, I just want to have fun doing it.  I know there is going to be a large crowd out there cheering us all on and they will help push me and keep me going. 

My history of running, is lately I have been running pretty much 5 days a week.  I run by myself and most of the time right now is where I live, which is in Wauconda.  When I run by myself I usually do it at a leisurely pace, somewhere around 9 minute a mile.  However, when I have done some 10ks this summer, I usually push it more and do it around 8.  When I was in high school, I used to run miles under the 6 minute mark, or multiple miles around 7.  But that was 12 years.  I am happy with my pace that I am currently running at. 


Thank you for taking time out and checking out my blog.  Eventually I'll get better at this and add pictures and make this page more attractive.  My blog is going to focus right now on getting ready for the marathon, it will outline my running activities and other activities as well.  Then I will be doing a relay race in November in Tennessee, so I will blog about getting ready for that.  Once I am done with these two events, I am thinking of doing P90X and I will blog about that.  If you have any suggestions on how I can make this blog better, please let me know.  Because I have no idea on what I am doing.

Marc





No comments:

Post a Comment