Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Monday, August 27, 2012

Night Run before the morning run

Less than 6 weeks to the Chicago Marathon!  With only 6 weeks left, I am going to have to put in some serious time running.  Tonight, I did not have a lot of time after work so I ran a little bit over 6 miles.  On normal days, that is good.  However training for the Marathon, the miles have to be a lot more than that.  However, when you don't have time on a particular day, you just have to do as much as you can do in the time frame that you have. 

With only running the six miles, I will be getting up early, around 5am to log some more miles.  I will atleast do 10.  I used to be able to get up early and work out/run without a problem.  Nowadays, it is a totally different story.  I will usually hit the alarm and decide on the sleep instead.  But I need to be motivated and get up. 

Running less than 12 hours apart, I will be a little sore when I wake up in the morning.  However, doing a couple of Ragnar Relay Races, has help me prepare for this.  Ragnar Relays are a great time, and I will get into what these are at a different time.  I actually have one coming up shortly after the Marathon in Tenesse in November.  If you would like to check out what the Ragnar is all about, please click on this www.ragnarrelay.com  I will post a quick post in the morning after my run.

Wauconda 10k by marclindblom at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment