Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ragnar Relay Tennessee

I haven't posted for about two weeks.  That is because I really haven't done much running, since the corn maze run.  There are a couple of reasons for this.  I have been sore, my ankle was hurting for the first 5 days or so after the Marathon.  So, I was taking it easy, and letting it heal.  Also, my knee was giving me some pain.  So I figured, the best way to get better is to rest.  The second reason I haven't run much, is because I trained so much and ran for months and months, I just wanted a break.  It was nice, not worrying about when my next run is.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy running, but every once in a while, I just need a break. 

It is time to start running again.  On November 9th, I will be doing the Tennessee Ragnar, a relay race from Chattanooga to Nashville Tennessee!  I have done two ther Ragnars, both the Chicago ones.  From Madison, Wisconsin to Chicago, Illinois. 

So what is a Ragnar?  Ragnar is a relay race where you and either 11 other people 5 others.  So you have a 12 person team or 6 person team.  You have two vans and you run 200 miles to your destination.  We do the 12 person team.  It is a relay race, so the first person will run, and hand off to the second person, and so forth.  Everyone will run three different times, so a total of 36 legs.  The team is broken up into two vans.  The first van will run the first six legs and then the second van will run the next six and keep switching.  When the van that you are in is not running, this will give you time to get food, relax, and rest.  You keep on going to you reach your final destination. 

The whole experience is great, you bond with some people who you may or may not know.  You run a little and just have a great time.  With this ending in Nashville, we will have a night out on the town and have a great time. 

They do Ragnars all accoss the country, you can find more information at www.ragnarrelays.com and you can also go on you tube and watch peoples video and see what is all about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ffPCoR0gQ&feature=player_embedded

Since I haven't run much since the Marathon, I did a quick 2.5 mile run to keep my legs fresh.  Over the next 11 days till Ragnar I will do some more to get ready!  Below is the link to my 2.5 mile run.

Untitled by marclindblom at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment