Chicago Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Friday, October 5, 2012

2 1/2 mile, last run before the Marathon by marclindblom at Garmin Connect - Details

Less than 36 hours till the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.  Today and tomorrow is the packet/bib pick-up.  Driving in downtown Chicago, you can see that the city is prepared.  I saw signs all over the place, I drove past Grant Park.  Which is the start and finish line of the race, and you can just feel it.  The city is a buzz about the marathon.  There are over 45,000 people running the race from all over the world. 

I made it down to the McCormick place and made it to the expo.  The first thing I did was pick-up my bib and then my t-shirt.  There were just tons of runners there, excited about the race.  The best thing about running, is that runners come in all shape and sizes.  If you push yourself and keep running, you will be able to accomplish more than you ever thought. 

There were booths selling powerbars, gatorade, shoes, running, equipment, and so much more. It was great to see so many people thrilled about running. Below is a picture of my t-shirt and bib that I picked up today!



Lastly, when I got home today, I ran my last run before the marathon.    It was just to keep my legs fresh and be ready for Sunday.  You can check it out below by clicking on the link.

Till Sunday,

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/230303663

1 comment: